Sarcoma and Bone Tumours Program
- Canceroustumors of the connective tissue are called sarcomas. Normal connective tissue includes fat, blood vessels, nerves, bones, muscles, deep skin tissues and cartilage.
- Sarcomas are divided into 2 main groups- bone sarcomas and soft tissue sarcomas.
- Sarcomas can develop in both adults and children. Most sarcomas are diagnosed after biopsy of a lump in the arm or leg. Once diagnosed, an MRI and CT scan are usually arranged.
- With its state-of-the-art equipment, facilities and experienced staff, BLK Cancer Centre offers comprehensive and compassionate cancer care to patients with sarcoma.
- When cells divide abnormally and uncontrollably, they can form a lump of tissue called a tumor. Bone tours form in the bones and can either be malignant or benign.
- While benign tumors are not cancerous, they may grow and compress healthy bone tissue.
- Malignant bone tumors on the other hand are cancerous and allow cancer to spread throughout the body.
- Our team of physicians, surgeons, radiologists and pathologists work in close collaboration to offer patient centric focus, a multidisciplinary approach and cost effective solutions to handle all the medical needs of the patient.
Symptoms of Bone Cancer
- Severe pain in bones
- Swelling at the site of tumor
- Night sweats s