Replace Your Painful and Non-Functioning Joints
The connection that joins the bones, teeth and cartilage of the body to one another is known as joint. It links the skeletal system into a functional whole. They are constructed in such a way that our body is able to move in different degrees. Along with the movement, joints also assist in stability, form and support. Joint is an important part of our musculoskeletal system. This system is made up of bones of skeleton, muscles, cartilage, tendons, ligaments and other connective tissues. There are some diseases and disorders which don’t allow this system to function in a normal manner. In case of severe cases, there is need of joint replacement. BLK gives you the best joint replacement surgery in India.
The branch of medicine which deals with the diagnosis and treatment of the conditions of the musculoskeletal system is known as Orthodpedics. In case when conservative and other medical treatments fail to ease the pain, there is requirement of surgery. Joint replacement surgery is a form of surgery in which a diseased joint is replaced with the help of an artificial device known as prosthesis. BLK is promoting medical tourism of joint replacement and offers low cost joint replacement surgery packages for patients coming from Russia.
Some of the causes of joint pain are explained below –
1. Injury is the most common reason. It can be experienced at any point of life. Sports injuries, vehicular accidents are particular form of injuries which can lead to joint pain.
2. Osteoarthritis is a form of arthritis which is a degenerative joint disease. It is commonly referred as wear and tear arthritis and generally seen in older people. Hip and knees are the most common joints to get affected.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis and gout are other forms of arthritis which affects the joint. In rheumatoid arthritis, our immune system attacks invading organisms such as bacteria and virus. In gout, uric acid crystals precipitate out of the blood and tend to settle in joints and other tissues.
4. Other rare and less seen causes are joint infection, lyme disease, gonorrhea, bone tumor, allergic reaction to medication, excessive intake of vitamin A etc.
Joint replacement specialists in India are capable of handling the following surgeries –
1. Total knee replacement – knee replacement is a surgical procedure to replace weight bearing surfaces with the help of artificial material. It is an option for patients with severe destruction of the knee joint with progressive pain and impaired function. Arthroscopy is the preferred option.
2. Hip replacement surgery – hip replacement is a surgical procedure in which the diseased cartilage and bone of the hip joint is surgically replaced with artificial materials. In this surgery, a metal or ceramic ball is inserted into the femur bone. When it comes to hip replacement surgery in India, BLK is the most preferred procedure.
3. Shoulder replacement – shoulder replacement is a surgical procedure to replace the damaged part of the upper arm with the help of a metal prosthesis. It is used to treat severe shoulder fractures and some form of arthritis. At BLK, you will get joint replacement at affordable prices.