Lesser Invasive Surgery for Faster Results
Our brain is the central organ which controls most of the activities of the body by receiving and processing information it receives from different parts of the body. It is very much important to keep the brain in normal condition otherwise there will be complications that may occur. The branch of medicine which deals with the conditions of our brain and the nervous system as a whole is known as neurology. If there is need of surgery, then it comes under Neurosurgery. There are newer and less invasive techniques nowadays to deal with the conditions. Neuro-endoscopy is one of those procedures. BLK is the finest hospital for Neuro-Endoscopy surgery in India.
Our neuro-endoscopy unit is equipped with all the latest equipment and technology which helps the doctors in giving the best treatment to their patients. And this is done by avoiding major surgeries. Our neurological centre is an important pillar of our minimally invasive program. We conduct neurosurgeries with minimal invasion or no cutting procedures. We also promote medical tourism and patients from Russia flock to our centre because of the competitive prices. Cost of neurosurgery in India is comparatively low as compared to other developed nations.
Neuroendoscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure for the treatment of certain conditions of the nervous system in which the tumor is removed through small holes in the skull or through the nose or mouth. It is not only preferred to remove tumor without cutting or harming the nearby parts of the skull but also to access the areas of the brain that cannot be reached with traditional surgery.
The basic procedure of neuroendoscopy is performed using an endoscope. It is a small telescope like instrument laced with a high-resolution video camera and eye piece. It allows the surgeon to navigate around and access the tumor. Biopsy of the tumor is done to study it and special instruments are attached to the endoscope with forceps and scissors on the end. This procedure has several benefits
· It involves lesser pain that traditional surgery.
· As small incisions are involved, there is minimal scarring.
· The procedure takes lesser time.
· Minimum blood loss.
· The recovery is faster than traditional surgery.
Some of the following conditions which are treated by neuroendoscopy are -
1. Pituitary tumor – it is an abnormal growth of cells in the pituitary gland. It is the main hormone producing gland in the body. Pituitary tumor can disrupt the normal balance of hormones in the body and affect a person’s health. At our unit, we use endonasal endoscopy decompression. It is inserted through the nose to extract the tumor.
2. Hydrocephalous – it is the condition in which there is a build-up of fluid within the brain. This fluid puts pressure on the brain and can cause brain damage. With the help of neuroendoscopy, a path is opened within the brain and without the need for a foreign body.
3. Skull based tumor – These tumors grow in the bones of the skull that from the bottom of the head and the bony ridge behind the nose and eyes. Endoscopic procedures are used through the nose or a small incision in the eyebrow or behind the ear.