Control problem of blood vessels with advanced aneurysm treatment
What is brain aneurysm?
Brain aneurysm is the ballooning in a blood vessel in the brain. A bulge appears which looks different from the front. It happens in the weak area in the wall of an artery that supplies blood to the brain. In most of the cases, brain aneurysm does not show any symptom which makes it even more potent.
If the brain stroke is not contained, then it can get ruptured and which releases blood into the skull causing a stroke. It can also turn out to be fatal because subarachnoid hemorrhage can also occur. And if this hemorrhage is severe, then brain damage can also occur which can lead to death. It is therefore important to consult the best brain aneurysm treatment hospital in India.
What are the causes for aneurysm?
Aneurysm can be caused due to hardening of the arteries or a person may inherit the tendency to form aneurysm. Some of the common causes are explained below –
1. Family history is a common reason. People with family members suffering from this condition are more prone.
2. Drug abuse and particularly cocaine in general is related to aneurysm.
3. Congenital birth defects include inherited connective tissue disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos syndrome that weaken blood vessels.
4. Polycystic kidney disease is an inherited disorder in which there are fluid filled sacs in the kidneys and results in increase in blood pressure.
5. Some of the risk factors include old age, cigarette smoking, high blood pressure and heavy alcohol cosnsumption.
Brain aneurysm treatment in India is given as soon as the symptoms are identified. These are –
· In case of leaking aneurysm, there is a leak in the form of blood. It causes sudden and extreme headache.
· In case of small unruptured aneurysm, there are no symptoms. But in large aneurysms, there is pain above and behind one eye, a dilated pupil, change in vision and numbness of one side of the face.
· In ruptured aneurysm, there is severe and sudden headache, nausea and vomiting, stiff neck, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, seizures etc.
· Other common symptoms are confusion, loss of consciousness, seizure, sensitivity to light etc.
Conservative treatment options include pain relievers like Tylenol for treating headache, calcium channel blockers such as nimodipine which reduces the risk of delayed brain injury caused by insufficient blood flow, anti seizures medications such as phenytoin, valproic acid, levetiracetam etc.
Brain Aneurysm Surgery in India comes into play when conservative treatments fail. There are two main surgeries –
1. Surgical clipping – It is a procedure done to close off an aneurysm. A section of the skull is removed to access the aneurysm and locates the blood vessel that feeds the aneurysm. A tiny metal clip is placed on the neck of the aneurysm to stop blood flow to it.
2. Endovascular coiling – it is a less invasive procedure. In this procedure, the surgeon inserts a hollow plastic tube into an artery, known as catheter and threads it through the body to the aneurysm. A guide wire is then used to push a soft platinum wire through the catheter and into the aneurysm. The wire disrupts the flow of blood by coiling up inside and seals the aneurysm from the artery.