Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer
- Group of cancers affecting the digestive system is known as Gastrointestinal (GI) cancer. This includes cancers of the oesophagus, gallbladder, liver, pancreas, stomach, small intestine, bowel and anus. Treatment for gastrointestinal cancer usually depends on the type of cancer and its stage. Our Gastrointestinal Oncology Team with their unmatched expertise, depth of knowledge and access to innovative research and technology have the necessary capabilities to treat patients with all forms of gastrointestinal cancers.
- We offer a range of surgeries including Oesophagectomies, Gastric and Liver Resections, Colectomies and Radical Pancreatic Surgeries. Our team of doctors is able to comprehensively evaluate and customise treatments with a caring and compassionate approach.
Treatment for Gastrointestinal Cancer
After the diagnosis, the treatment for Gastrointestinal cancer depends on various factor a team of doctors including surgical oncologist, medical oncologist, gastroenterologist and radiation oncologist will consult with the patient to decide the course of the treatment which depends on factors like a patients age, location of the tumor, stage of the cancer and your ability to fight the side-effects of the radiation therapy.
In some cases the cancer may be treatable with medicine while some type of cancer may require a surgery and followed therapy as well.
Symptoms of Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Swelling in abdomen
- Constant nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Unexplained pain in stomach
- Drastic weight loss
- Problem in swelling is an indication of development of cancer cells in esophagus
- Black stool
- Blood in stool
- Throwing up blood